- University of Central Florida, Executive Master of Healthcare Administration, expected Dec 2022
- University of Florida, Doctor of Nursing Practice-December 2016
- University of Florida, Master of Science in Nursing- Acute Care Track, May 2013
- Valdosta State University, Bachelor of Science in Nursing with Nutrition Minor, 2007
Professional Credentials/ Licensure
- Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, American Nurses Credentialing Center, July 2013- present Certification number 2013007721
- Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner- Florida- License Number APRN9273396
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
- Manager APP Services, UF Health March 27, 2022 to present
- Management of 140 + employees spanning multiple departments, budgeting, contract management, evaluations, recruitment and hiring, Human Resources Management, compensation responsibility, development of APP roles
- Lead Advance Practice Provider, Critical Care, UF Health 2016 to present
- Administrative Duties include: oversight of APP team for 5 ICUS’s and 50+ APP’s, creator and chair of interview committee, management of new hire onboarding and scheduling, new hire credentialing process, assist credentialing revision of credentialing applications, creation and oversight of new hire orientation, management of education plans , creation and maintenance of APP education program, liaison for ICU student clinical placements, 4 West Trauma ICU CUSP participation, scheduling of both APP’s and residents for 5 ICUs, quality improvement, conflict resolution management
- UF Health Department of Surgical Critical Care, Advanced Practice Provider, January 7, 2014- present
- Trauma/Orthopedics ICU, Surgical ICU, Cardiothoracic Surgery ICU, Cardiology ICU, Pulmonary/Vascular ICU, Unit 46 Vascular IMC, Vascular ICU
- 4000+ hours of preceptor experience
- UF Critical Care Ultrasound Curriculum Development 2015-2016 (Rohit Patel, MD-advisor)
- Abdomen Trauma Ultrasound, Central Venous Line Placement, Echocardiogram Basic, Echocardiogram Advanced, Lung, Lung Advanced, Procedural Guidance, Ultrasound Basics, Vascular Ultrasound
- Mosby’s Critical Care Nursing Skills, January 2014-December 2015: Skills Editor
- Urologic Surgeons, May 2013- December 30, 2013
- Neuro Surgical ICU, UF Health, Gainesville, Fl, December 2007- May 2013: Staff Registered Nurse
- Gator Voice Research Study (PI: Carmen Rodriguez, PhD, ARNP), University of Florida College of Nursing – January 2012- May 2013: Research Assistant
Professional Teaching Experience
- University of Florida College of Nursing, January 2016-May 2016: Adjunct Faculty
- University of Florida College of Nursing, Courtesy Faculty, appointed July 24, 2015
- Santa Fe College of Nursing, Gainesville, Fl, January 2010- December 2010: Adjunct Faculty
- Advanced Procedural Lab, Gainesville, Fl, FAST exams, University of Florida PA school education: May 25, 2018
- Louis Knowles Award for Gerontological Nursing, University of Florida, Spring 2017
- University of Florida Preceptor of the Year Award 2017
- Professional Nurse Traineeship Scholarship, 2015 and 2016
- F. Eugene Tubbs Critical Burn Nursing Scholarship
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Epsilon Pi Chapter, Valdosta State University, Inducted December 12,2012
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Alpha Theta Chapter, University of Florida, Inducted November 2016
- Alpha Chi Omega International Honor Society
- Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society
- Georgia Association of Nursing Students- South District Director 2006-2007
- Valdosta Association of Nursing Students- 1st Vice President 2005-2006, President 2006-2007
Published Abstracts (International)
- T. Hartjes, K. Sickler, P.A. Efron, R.P. Patel, K. Chukwuanu(2017). Ultrasound-EnhancedIntensive Care: Improving Clinical Decisions with Formal Ultrasound Training.Critical Care Medicine. –(– Suppl.) Abstract #403.
- Citty, S., Hardy, J., Jacob, W., Sickler, K., Kamel, A., Marlowe, L., Hartjes, T. (2017). The Need to Feed: Evaluation of Nutrition Practices in a Surgical Intensive Care Unit. Abstract T57.
- T. Hartjes, K. Sickler, P.A. Efron, R.P. Patel, K. Chukwuanu (2017). Podium Presentation Ultrasound-Enhanced Intensive Care: Improving Clinical Decisions with Formal Ultrasound Training.#403. Society of Critical Care Medicine’s (SCCM) 46th Critical Care Congress, Honolulu, HI
- Hartjes. T., Sickler, K. (November 2016). Oral Presentation- Evaluating Geriatric Acute Care Surgery Outcomes Using Big Data. 5th International Conference on Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology Nursing. Atlanta, GA
- Hartjes, T., Sickler, K., Patel, R., Thomas, E.M., Efron, P.A. (2017). Poster- Creating a DNP focused Designated Educational Unit in Critical Care: Innovative Strategies to Promote Research and Practice. (Poster Presentation) American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) 2017 Doctoral Education Conference, Coronado, CA.
- Sickler, K., Hartjes, T. (November 2016). Poster- Geriatric Surgery: Surviving the Odds. Care Lead Inspire Research Conference, University of Florida College of Nursing, Gainesville
- Sickler, K. Hartjes, T. (February 2016). Poster- Using Big Data to Evaluate Geriatric Surgery Outcomes. The Rita Kobb Nursing Informatics Symposium: Precision Health: The Intersection of Nursing Practice and Data Science, University of Florida, College of Nursing, Gainesville.
Presentations (Surgical Critical Care at UF Health)
- Sedation, Analgesia, and Delirium in the ICU
- Abdominal Trauma
- CMS Sepsis Core Measure- UF Health Inpatient Process
- PA simulation day- Ultrasound Station- 2019
- Mega Skills Day- 5/14/21- Chest Tube Insertion Simulation
- Necrotizing Soft Tissue Infections and Necrotizing Fasciitis
- MTP/Level 1/ Belmont Rapid Transfuser
- October 2017. Essentials of Critical Care. Renal Chapter.
- October 2017. Essentials of Progressive Care. Renal Chapter.
- Boling, B. ,Hatton, K., Hartjes,T. “Point of Care Ultrasound Basics.” Concepts in Surgical Critical Care, 2020.
- Sickler, K., Trevisani M., Efron PA, Somodi R. “The Role of Advanced Practice Providers (APPs) in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).” Management of Chest Trauma- A Practical Guide, 2020.
- Sickler, K. Burns Chapter. AACN Core Curriculum for Progressive and Critical Care Nursing, 8th ed. Pending publication 2022.
DNP Committee, Member
- Student: Jordan Hardy Topic: Quality Evaluation and Improvement of Nutrition Management in Critical Care Completion Date: May 2018, University of Florida DNP Acute Care Track
- Student: Lisa Bateman Topic: Does the use of a protocol increase use of point of care ultrasound by the APP when oliguria is noted in the critically ill patient? Pending completion, University of South Alabama
Simulations and Skills Lab Courses
- CCM Mega Skills Day-Facilitator,May 14th, 2021- Chest Tube Station
- CCM APP Simulation Lab– Facilitator, July 15th, 2021- Traumatic Brain Injury, Hemorrhagic Shock, Pulmonary Embolus, PA Catheter Placement
- CCM Mega Skills Day-Facilitator,October 12, 2021- Chest Tube Station
- CCM APP Simulation lab- Facilitator, November 10, 2021- Traumatic Brain Injury, Pulmonary Embolus